Many Web publishers are accepting affiliate advertisements, but not many affiliate advertisers are making the most of their affiliate relationships.
Which is why online services provider Performics and e-commerce consultancy the E-tailing Group have released 10 tips to help affiliate marketers—all online marketers, really– maximize their efforts this season:
1) Centralize and prominently position free-shipping offers; shoppers flock to these.
2) Create a sense of urgency. Remind shoppers of the number of days until Christmas.
3) Create a suggestions page—provide gift recommendations segmented by price and by recipient.
4) Inspire impulse holiday purchasing by showcasing top sellers, editor’s favorites, etc.
5) Make finding merchants and merchant offers simple. Visibility leads to conversion.
6) Aggressively promote sale offers. Segment deals by percentage/dollar off, just-added sales, soon-to-expire sales, and other criteria.
7. Remember last-minute shoppers–highlight gift certificates during the final shopping days of the season.
8) Ensure timely delivery. Note stock status and shipping availability at the merchant and the product level.
9) Support the brand. Provide shoppers with comprehensive contact information, including FAQs and store information if applicable.
10) Think long term: Collect e-mail opt-ins for future alerts and newsletters.