Global ecommerce is charging forward, with online revenues growing in virtually every market around the world. China alone will generate over $1 trillion in online retail sales by 2019. As merchants look to global demand to grow their businesses, cross-border transactions represent a significant market opportunity. But delivering on the promise of a satisfying customer experience can be daunting.
Thanks to you, our loyal readers, Multichannel Merchant has been on the cutting edge of global ecommerce coverage. That’s because you’ve taken the time year after year to take our annual MCM Outlook survey.
Last year, MCM Outlook 2015 taught us that:
- 21.2% of respondents are using marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Rakuten, and Tmall to grow their global audience
- 24.2% of respondents are using third-party services to market to a global audience
- 39.8% of respondents have international payment offerings to encourage cross-border shopping
- 16.4% of respondents have localized versions of their ecommerce sites to drive cross-border sales
- Less than half of respondents (42.3%) said their ecommerce websites are ready for cross-border shoppers.
The knowledge we gained from you has helped make Multichannel Merchant the premiere publication for cross-border retailers.
But the above information? That’s old news. It’s time to update MCM Outlook for 2016, and we need you to take the new survey.
MCM Outlook research provides a comprehensive snapshot of industry trends in all areas of omnichannel ecommerce, operations, fulfillment, B2B, catalogs, marketing, and global commerce – and your experience and knowledge in the field is a key contributor to this insight. Oh – and you can also win a $500 American Express gift card if you take the MCM Outlook survey!