1. Penton Media Inc. d/b/a Multichannel Merchant (“Sponsor”) is offering the Online Contest (“Contest”). CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Entry fee: For individual entries, $95. No entries accepted after August 24, 2012.
3. Eligibility: The Contest will be open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. The Contest may only be entered by those who are 21 or older as of August 24, 2012. Employees of Sponsor, its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and/or those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States.
4. How to enter: Enter by filling out an official entry form available at www.multichannelmerchant.com/awards and providing all of the specific information about your successful crosschannel excellence campaign indicated on the entry forms. All campaigns entered must have been available to customers during calendar year 2011 through July 1, 2012. Send your entry to Multichannel Merchant, 2012 Multichannel Merchant Awards, Attn: Erin Lynch, 11 River Bend Drive South, (if sending via USPS, add PO Box 4949), Stamford, CT, 06907-0949, or enter via the Multichannelmerchant.com web site. Entries must be received by August 24, 2012. Multiple entries are permitted with a maximum of four (4) per brand. Entrants must pay separate entry fee for each entry, and must fill out an official entry form for each entry. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, mutilated or misdirected entries. Entry forms or requests that are printed by machine, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible or incomplete are not eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. All Entries must include completed entry form. All Entries must be the fully original creations of the entrants. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. By entering, all entrants warrant and represent that their respective entries are their own fully original creations, and their respective Entries (including but not limited to any materials integrated into their Entries) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity/privacy. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, for any reason whatsoever. Entry fees are not required of residents of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota and Vermont.
Merchant companies cannot have more than four (4) brands entering each category, and no more than one (1) submission per category, whether the submission is by the merchant or a supplier. In other words, companies with one distinct brand can enter no more than four (4) titles, however companies with several distinct brands can enter up to four in each distinct brand.
5. Gold, Silver and Bronze winners will be selected by a panel of industry professionals, who judge entries based on best use of crosschannel marketing. Criteria will include creativity, marketing strategy, return on investment, sales performance, customer service and satisfaction. The contest will take place under the supervision of the Sponsor. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all Contest requirements as provided by these rules. Finalists will be notified by telephone or e-mail on or about Sept. 5, 2012. The winners will be notified on or about Sept. 20, 2012. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after Sept. 20, 2012 to Multichannel Merchant, 2012 Multichannel Merchant Awards, Attn: Erin Lynch, 11 River Bend Drive South, (if sending via USPS, add PO Box 4949), Stamford, CT, 06907-0949.
6. No monetary prizes will be awarded. Winners will be featured in the October/November 2012 Annual Awards issue of Multichannel Merchant and on www.multichannelmerchant.com.
7. All entries and requests become the property of Multichannel Merchant, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor will have the right to photograph the winners. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Submission of an entry constitutes entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to their entry form including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
8. Affidavit of Eligibility/Release: The winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release. By participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsors are not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of postmark, or return of notification as undeliverable may result in the selection of an alternate winner.
10. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
11. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in [its/their] sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR(S) RESERVE(S) THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. The Sponsor of this Contest is Penton Media, d/b/a Multichannel Merchant, 249 West 17th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10011.