1. Penton Media Inc. d/b/a Multichannel Merchant (“Sponsor”) is offering the Online Contest (“Contest”). CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
2. Entry fee: For individual entries, $295. No entries accepted after February 1, 2010.
3. The Contest will be open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are 21 or older as of October 15, 2009. Employees of Sponsor, its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and/or those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter.
4. Enter by filling out an official entry form available at www.multichannelmerchant.com and providing all of the specific information about your print catalog and/or Website indicated on the entry forms. Multichannel Merchant Awards entry forms must be accompanied by 10 non-returnable copies of each catalog entered. All catalogs entered must have been available to customers during calendar year 2009; must include a direct response mechanism (order form, phone number or URL); and must list more than one (1) item for sale. All Websites entered must have operated continuously since January 1, 2009. Send your entry to Multichannel Merchant, 2009 Multichannel Merchant Awards, Attn: Tim Parry, 11 River Bend Drive South, (if sending via USPS, add PO Box 4949), Stamford, CT, 06907-0949. Entries must be received by January 12, 2010. Multiple entries are permitted. Entrants must pay separate entry fee for each entry, and must fill out an official entry form for each entry. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, mutilated or misdirected entries. Entry forms or requests that are printed by machine, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible or incomplete are not eligible. Entry fees are not required of residents of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota and Vermont. NEW: Merchant companies cannot have more than four (4) catalogs, and no more than one (1) per category, whether the submission is by the merchant or a supplier. The same issue of a catalog cannot be entered in more than one category (For example, the July 2009 edition cannot be entered both in Children’s Products and Apparel, Sales Over $20 million). Merchant companies can only enter a URL in one (1) category, and no more than four (4) URLs, and no more than one (1) per category, whether the submission is by the merchant or a supplier (For example, companies with one distinct brand can enter no more than four (4) titles, however companies with several distinct brands can enter up to four in each distinct brand).
5. Gold and Silver winners will be selected by a panel of industry professionals, who judge entries based on creative, marketing strategy, return on investment vs. expenditures, and sales performance in equal measure. The contest will take place under the supervision of the Sponsor. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all Contest requirements as provided by these rules. Finalists will be notified by telephone or e-mail on or about March 15, 2010. The winners will be notified on or about May 12, 2010. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after May 12, 2010 to Multichannel Merchant, 2010 Multichannel Merchant Awards, Attn: Tim Parry, 11 River Bend Drive South, (if sending via USPS, add PO Box 4949), Stamford, CT, 06907-0949.
6. No prizes will be awarded. All Gold winners will be featured in the September 2010 Annual Awards issue of Multichannel Merchant.
7. All entries and requests become the property of Multichannel Merchant, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor will have the right to photograph the winner. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. All entries must be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third-party rights. Submission of an entry constitutes entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to their entry form including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
8. The winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release.
9. All entrants release Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance or use of any prize.
10. Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of postmark, or return of notification as undeliverable may result in the selection of an alternate winner.
11. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
12. The Sponsor of this Contest is Penton Media, d/b/a Multichannel Merchant, 249 West 17th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10011.