1. Penton Media, Inc. d/b/a Multichannel Merchant (“Sponsor”) is offering the Online Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
2. No entry fee. To qualify for the random prize drawing, entrants must cast an online vote for Multichannel Merchant’s Audience Choice Awards.
3. The Sweepstakes will be open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are 21 or older as of May 1, 2007. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are no eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and/or those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter. Void outside the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
4. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Thursday, April 26, 2007 and ends at 6:00:00 p.m. E.T., Monday, May 21, 2007. Enter by filling out an official online voting form at www.multichannelmerchant.com/toolbox/awards/audience_choice. Only complete forms that have one vote for each category presented and include the entrant’s name, company and email will be eligible for the random prize drawings. Multiple entries are not permitted. More than one entry from any person or e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address. Entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5. Four prizewinners will be selected at random by computerized drawing on or about May 4, 2007, May 11, 2007, May 18, 2007, and May 22, 2007. Winners will be notified by e-mail on or around the drawing dates. Participants agree to be bound by these rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all Sweepstakes requirements as provided by these rules. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after May 23, 2007 to Multichannel Merchant, 2007 MCM Awards, Attn: Heather Retzlaff, 11 River Bend Drive South, (if sending via USPS, add PO Box 4242), Stamford, CT, 06907-0242.
6. (4) $50 gift certificates will be awarded, one per winner, per week in the three weeks leading up to the ACCM show (May 21, 2007) and one winner will be announced at the ACCM show. Winners may select which retailer they would like their gift certificate from out of the 2007 Multichannel Merchant Award Finalists. Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes combined: $200. Sponsors make no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner(s), but Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. Sponsor will have the right to photograph the winner. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
8. The winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 14 days of prize notification. If the winner cannot be contacted within 14 calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
9. All entrants release Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance or use of any prize.
10. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor(s) and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor(s) with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right in [its/their] sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor(s) [is/are] not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor(s) on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR(S) RESERVE(S) THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Penton Media, Inc., d/b/a Multichannel Merchant, 249 West 17th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 11215.