Shoppers not only expect but demand flexibility and freedom to buy at their total convenience. This creates supply chain complexity around synchronizing inventory and orders coming from stores, websites, mobile, catalogs, etc. It also involves logistical issues around tactics like ship to store, ship from store and in-store pickup.
Thanks to you, our loyal readers, Multichannel Merchant has been on the cutting edge of omnichannel fulfillment coverage. That’s because you’ve taken the time year after year to take our annual MCM Outlook survey.
Last year, MCM Outlook 2015 taught us that:
- Just over half (50.3%) of respondents have an omnichannel strategy in place
- 38% of respondents offered their customers in-store pick up, while another 19% planned to offer in-store pick up in 2015
- 18.9% of respondents let their customers have their purchased shipped to store, and another 14.3% planned to add ship to store in 2015
- Almost a quarter of respondents (24.3%) were shipping ecommerce orders from store, and another 23.8% planned to start ship from store programs in 2015.
- 32% of respondents allowed customers to return items purchased online in their stores
The knowledge we gained from you has helped make Multichannel Merchant the premiere publication for omnichalnnel retailers.
But the above information? That’s old news. It’s time to update MCM Outlook for 2016, and we need you to take the new survey.
MCM Outlook research provides a comprehensive snapshot of industry trends in all areas of omnichannel ecommerce, operations, fulfillment, B2B, catalogs, marketing, and global commerce – and your experience and knowledge in the field is a key contributor to this insight. Oh – and you can also win a $500 American Express gift card if you take the MCM Outlook survey!