Many of your cross-border ecommerce questions are going to be answered from A to Z at Growing Global 2015. That’s “A” as in Alibaba Group’s Sherri Wu to “Z” as in Forrester Research’s Zia Daniell Widger, who will deliver the keynote sessions July 21-22 in Hollywood, CA.
Wu’s keynote, “5 Things to Know About the Chinese Consumer,” will focus on doing business in China, which is both the largest and fastest-growing ecommerce market in the world.
While China is a hotspot for cross-border ecommerce, it is important for U.S. merchants to understand the dynamics of the market and the purchasing behavior of the Chinese consumer in order to be successful.
Wu, Alibaba’s Head of International Ecommerce Business Development Americas and Vice GM of Cross Border Business, will discuss:
- How Singles Day became the world’s largest online shopping day
- How the rise of middle class fuels China’s ecommerce and m-commerce
- Why marketplaces have become the dominant ecommerce sales channel of choice in China
- How to best capture the attention, and wallet, of the Chinese consumer
- A path forward: Alibaba’s solutions to help U.S. businesses tap into this exciting new market
In her keynote, “The 3 Trends Changing The Face Of Global Ecommerce,” Widger, Forrester’s Vice President and Research Director, will discuss how global ecommerce is charging forward, with online revenues growing in every market in virtually every market around the world.
The face of ecommerce is changing, however: The shift to mobile, arrival of omnichannel offerings and proliferation of marketplace options are all fundamentally changing how consumers shop.
Widger’s session will cover:
- How mobile commerce differs around the world today
- How omnichannel offerings are developing in different markets and how consumers’ expectations of omnichannel experiences tend to evolve
- Which marketplaces brands are using to expand their global footprints, and how these marketplace options can be used to replace or supplement brands’ own localized sites
The call for Growing Global 2015 speakers is open. For information about joining Widger and Wu on the speaker faculty, please email Tim Parry, Managing Editor of Multichannel Merchant.