New York—Four of the top five marketers with the best online customer service are catalogers, according to a study by Customer Growth Partners. The New Canaan, CT-based consultancy announced its Internet service stars at the NRF Annual Convention here at the Jacob K. Javitz Center on Jan. 15.
The holiday survey reviewed online customer service among store-based retailers, Web-focused marketers, and catalogers. According to the study, it took catalogers a median four hours to resolve online customer inquiries; that time soared to 43 hours for brick-and-mortar retailers and 53 hours for online pure-plays.
Customer Growth Partners’ top 10 marketers in terms of online customer service are:
1) women’s apparel cataloger Coldwater Creek
2) bedding and home accessories cataloger The Company Store
3) personal and auto electronics cataloger Crutchfield
4) computer giant IBM
5) apparel cataloger and home goods Lands’ End
6) food gifts cataloger Omaha Steaks
7) discount travel pure-play Priceline
8) office supplies cataloger Quill Corp.
9) upscale department store Saks
10) jeweler Tiffany & Co.