HARTLAND, Wis.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Batteries Plus Bulbs, the nation’s largest and fastest-growing battery, light bulb and smartphone/tablet repair franchise, today unveiled its new website that aims to tie its online presence more tightly to its nationwide network of more than 650 stores.
Designed to reach customers wherever they are doing their online shopping—on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone—the mobile responsive site features a new and improved system infrastructure comprising enhanced search functionality, simplified navigation, geolocation technology and multiple purchasing options to create a more holistic and streamlined shopping experience that merges digital and brick-and-mortar.
“With 80% of all product searches starting online, we understand that omnichannel integration is the gateway to customer engagement and retention,” said Russ Reynolds, CEO of Batteries Plus Bulbs. “Our business is all about making complex things simple, and the new website enables both our retail and business account customers to easily shop for products however, whenever and wherever they want. As the retail industry evolves, so will our business so that we maintain our relevance in this competitive and constantly changing environment.”
A true omnichannel offering, Batteries Plus Bulbs’ ecommerce platform will allow retail and business account customers to shop online with greater access to a wide range of products from its growing inventory of over 50,000 battery and lighting solutions and related accessories. Additionally, the enhanced website includes new features and functionalities such as product recommendations, and a more seamless search and navigation process that takes consumers directly to the nearest store and recommends the best product to purchase based on their specific needs.
New features and functionalities of Batteries Plus Bulbs’ ecommerce website include:
- Geolocation Services – Whether in search of a local store online or looking for a nearby store while on the road, a robust store locator enables customers to see all locations within a 50 mile radius.
- Mobile Responsive – The website’s mobile optimization includes seamless navigation across smartphones, tablets and desktop computers so the customer can easily place orders anytime and anywhere.
- New Search Functionality – Now consumers can find the right solution at the best price thanks to a new search functionality powered by Google. Customers can also view the most popular purchased products or gauge multi-unit pricing to them help narrow down their purchasing decisions.
- Streamlined Checkout – Immediacy is important to customer satisfaction, and consumers will soon be able to check store availability for inventory and select from multiple buying options: buy online, pick up in store or select from various shipping options. Buy online, pick up in store will help eliminate shipping fees and reduce wait times.
- Business Account Features – Business Account customers can tag their frequently ordered items as “Favorites” and create custom descriptions based on how they use the items (e.g. conference room light LED bulb). Items are put into a quick order pad, allowing business customers go back to the site to reference past orders and to easily reorder products again.
“To adapt to evolving purchasing behavior, we are committed to making sure our dynamic in-store shopping experience is just as efficient online and that we communicate well in this space,” said Jayson Serrault, Vice President of Omnichannel Marketing and Analytics. “Our ecommerce platform is simple in design, very store-centric and product agnostic so that people understand who we are, the types of products we offer and why we are different from other retailers. We expect these improved omnichannel efforts to have a significant impact on our business and to create a stickiness among those customers who order from us online.”
Batteries Plus Bulbs continues to expand its footprint, opening nearly one store per week. The company saw a system-wide sales increase of 8.6 percent in 2014 and will continue making significant strides in 2015, with plans to open 50 new locations across the country.