Few people like moving – and even fewer like moving their catalog warehouses. These tips may buy you space and time before you have to make the big move.
– Review your operations to make sure you’re making the most of your space and storage tools, such as racks, bins, and pallets.
– Consider add-on options, such as decks and mezzanines, to capitalize on unused vertical space in your facility.
– Don’t overstock. Some recommend an 85% inventory occupancy to allow for enough room to move goods around.
– Clean house. Get rid of all your old inventory that’s costing you money and wasting warehouse space.
– Plan ahead. If you know you need a bigger warehouse, plan your move at least a year in advance, and have a layout in mind.