Nearly Half of Consumers Say Attacks Will Drive U.S. Into Recession

New York—A Sept. 18-19 survey of 750 consumers, conducted for The Conference Board by NFO WorldGroup, shows that 47% believe the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11 will accelerate the already sluggish economy’s fall into a recession. On the other hand, 53% don’t believe the events will trigger a recession. “While nearly 90% of consumers say they will not cut back on their buying plans,” says Conference Board Research Center director Lynn Franco, “it’s important to note that this figure is very likely to fall as widespread layoffs begin to materialize.”

Partner Content

Hincapie Sportswear Finds Omnichannel Success in the Cloud - Netsuite
For more and more companies, a cloud-based unified data solution is the way to make this happen. Custom cycling apparel maker Hincapie Sportswear has leveraged this capability to gain greater visibility into revenue streams, turning opportunities into sales more quickly while gaining overall operating efficiency. Download this ecommerce special report from Multichannel Merchant to more.
The Gift of Wow: Preparing your store for the holiday season - Netsuite
Being prepared for the holiday rush used to mean stocking shelves and making sure your associates were ready for the long hours. But the digital revolution has changed everything, most importantly, customer expectations. Retailers with a physical store presence should be asking themselves—what am I doing to wow the customer?
3 Critical Components to Achieving the Perfect Order - NetSuite
Explore the 3 critical components to delivering the perfect order.
Streamlining Unified Commerce Complexity - NetSuite
Explore how consolidating multiple systems through a cloud-based commerce platform provides a seamless experience for both you, and your customer.