PALO ALTO, CA — Endicia, the leading provider of online shipping technologies and services, today announced its latest innovation for international shipping: Endicia Global Service. This new service eliminates the pain points associated with shipping to Latin America, such as delays in customs, high shipping costs, lack of tracking visibility and complicated customs forms.
A beta release of Endicia Global Service with support to Brazil is available immediately. General availability for Brazil is scheduled for this summer, with the service expanding to support additional countries in Latin America and the Caribbean Islands by the end of 2015.
With Endicia Global Service, packages sent to Brazil from the United States can now clear customs in hours instead of days, typically arriving in the customers’ hands in eight to 10 days.
“This new program could significantly increase revenues for companies who want to sell their products in Brazil, but gave up because of the cost and delays,” said Endicia’s co-founder and general manager, Amine Khechfe. “Latin America is the world’s second fastest-growing ecommerce market, according to a 2014 Internet Retailer study. Thanks to an increasingly digital culture, Brazil is leading this growth, presenting an opportunity for U.S.-based online businesses.”
With Endicia Global Service, small-to-midsize businesses (SMBs) can get their packages on the fast track to Brazil. It offers:
- Same-day customs clearance. Shipments clear customs in as little as six hours as opposed to an average of five days.
- Fast service. Shipments are delivered in eight to 10 days.
- End-to-end tracking. Endicia Global Service provides tracking and delivery scan rates that are equivalent to what shippers are accustomed to in the United States.
- Packages delivered duty-paid. Endicia Global Service allows businesses to deliver products duty-paid. This means that taxes are known at shipment creation and can be paid up-front rather than collected from the customer on delivery.
- No customs forms to fill out. Shippers no longer need to fill out customs forms and print duplicate labels. They simply enter a product’s description and value, and Endicia’s software produces the proper label.
Endicia Global Service also offers international address verification.
“Brazil’s market offers a tremendous opportunity for U.S.-based online sellers, but up until this point, it’s been difficult for businesses to access it,” said Khechfe. “Our new service eliminates the difficulties for sellers and makes shipping to Brazil as easy as shipping inthe United States.”
Endicia Global Service is available through the Endicia Professional service plan. To learn more about the new program visit:www.endicia.com/egs.
Endicia, a leading provider of shipping technologies and services, offers solutions that help ecommerce businesses, small and large, run their operations more smoothly and function more successfully. Endicia also provides seamless access to U.S. Postal Service®shipping services through integration with more than 200 partner applications. A trusted partner of the U.S. Postal Service since 1987, Endicia has printed more than $12B in postage. Headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., Endicia is part of Newell Rubbermaid’s global portfolio of leading brands. For more information on Endicia products and services, visit www.endicia.com. For ecommerce and online shipping tips, visit http://online-shipping-blog.endicia.com. Follow Endicia on Twitter at @Endicia.