CINCINNATI–(BUSINESS WIRE) — Macy’s announced that Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s are expanding same-day delivery service to nine additional markets, beginning this month, for products purchased online at macys.com, bloomingdales.com and on both brands’ mobile-enabled websites.
“When we piloted same-day delivery in eight markets initially last fall, we learned that our customers appreciate the additional option of having their purchase brought to their home or office in a matter of hours. It is an important part of our value proposition as an omnichannel retailer serving customers who shop our stores and websites whenever, wherever and however they prefer,” said R.B. Harrison, Macy’s, Inc. chief omnichannel officer. “Our ability to expand same-day delivery is rooted in local merchandise inventories at Macy’s stores, as well as a newly expanded delivery footprint of our partners at Deliv.”
Together with eight same-day delivery markets piloted in fall 2014, the company now offers this service to customers in 17 markets.
New same-day delivery markets (service beginning in August 2015) are:
- Atlanta (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- Boston (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- Dallas (Macy’s only)
- Honolulu (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- Las Vegas (Macy’s only)
- Miami/Ft. Lauderdale (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- New York City/Western Long Island (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s same-day delivery to NYC outer boroughs and suburban Long Island begins in August 2015; service to customers in Manhattan is expected to begin in October 2015.)
- Orange County, CA (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- Philadelphia (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s).
Ongoing same-day delivery markets (first piloted in fall 2014) are:
- Chicago (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- Houston (Macy’s only)
- Los Angeles (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- Northern New Jersey (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- San Francisco (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- San Francisco Bay Area (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s)
- Seattle (Macy’s only)
- Washington, D.C. (Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s).
Same-day deliveries to customers are powered by Deliv, a rapidly growing crowdsourced delivery provider, in collaboration with major mall owners, including General Growth Properties, Macerich, PREIT, Simon Property Group,Taubman Centers and Westfield Corporation.
The charge for same-day delivery from macys.com or bloomingdales.com is a flat $5 above standard ground shipping fees.
In certain markets (currently Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Bay Area), Deliv also offers pickup of an online purchase being returned to macys.com or bloomingdales.com. To schedule a return, customers can go online to authorize the return and schedule a pickup time at their home or office.