We can’t possibly list all the products, services, and upgrades being introduced in the Exhibit Hall at this year’s ACCM. But here’s a selection of the new and the notable:
* A joint venture of VPiColor and Lexigraph, Catalogixx (booth #105) is introducing what it describes as the first software system able to produce customized direct mail and catalogs based on each customer’s individual purchase patterns and personal preferences. The personalization options extend beyond headlines, copy, and product prices to even the selection of products.
* Catalogs America (booth #216) has changed the delivery mechanism on its Man Roland Lithoman V Press to accommodate the increased demand it has seen for slim-jim catalogs in response to the May 14 postal rate increases. The press can now deliver 96 pages in one pass of a 6-1/8 in. x 10-3/4 in. product, according to the company, a division of American Press.
* Dydacomp (booth #324) has started shipping the latest version of its Mail Order Manager (M.O.M.) business automation software. M.O.M. 6.0 includes more than 150 new features, including text-based transmission options for mobile devices, a built-in chat feature, and advanced reporting capabilities.
* If you’re considering a semiautomatic gift-wrapping machine for your distribution center but found the Big Wrapper from Gift Wrap Solutions too, well, big, take heart: The company (booth #752) has introduced the Retail Wrapper. At 4 ft. x 4 ft. it is about half the size of the Big Wrapper, but it still wraps packages about 10 times faster than can be done manually, according to the company. Among its features are automatic sizing, box memory, touch-screen operation, and adjustable height. n New to the ACCM Exhibit Hall is Latin-Pak (booth #347), a direct marketing firm specializing in reaching Hispanic homes via insert programs, free-standing insert programs, and other “in home” media.
* Melissa Data (booth #807) is debuting two databases at this year’s show. The Homeowner Database, which encompasses more than 100 million records, provides comprehensive information on both property owners/investors and their properties. The Wealthy Corporate Investors Database has more than 75,000 records and offers an exclusive “liquidity factor” that lets marketers know when these prospects have cashed in their stocks and for how much.
* OrderMotion (booth #746) will be demonstrating version 9.0 of its on-demand direct commerce solution. Among the improvements of OrderMotion 9.0 are an expanded location management tool that enables users to manage the location of product from its picking location to other locations; additional accounting capabilities; and an eBay integration tool.
* Pindar Graphics (#729) is introducing its WebImage digital asset management solution. Integrated with Pindar’s AgilityCMS product information publishing system, WebImage enables the distribution and management of images, documents, and video via the Web.
* ACCM marks the national launch of CataDisc from Tri-Ventures (booth #463). An interactive multimedia catalog that allows both offline shopping and “one click” online ordering via a patented barcode system that protects the customer’s personal data while allowing the vendor to scan the order into its electronic order system.
* Online analytics provider WebSideStory earlier this month changed its name to Visual Sciences (booth #543), but that’s not the only thing new at the company. It also released a new version of its HBX Analytics solution and announced the general availability of its Technology Platform 5. HBX Analytics 4.0 offers expanded e-commerce-related capabilities, including the ability to actively segment order data and report on multiple storefronts within one account. Technology Platform 5 includes a real-time analytics engine that allows for the incorporation of data on a continuous basis.
* Widen Enterprises (booth #141), a software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider of digital asset management services, is showcasing its improved photography approval integration. The tool, which allows multiple photographers to upload captures among other features, can be integrated with Widen’s systems as well as with other third-party digital asset management and catalog publishing systems.