WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Jun 01, 2006 9:30 PM  By

Then: British broadcaster BBC released the BBC America Shop print catalog in September 2001, three years after it launched its BBC America cable-TV network. The 12-page inaugural catalog, selling network-related videos, gifts, and books, was profiled in our June 2002 issue.

Since then: Between 2004 and 2005 alone, the number of 12-month buyers grew more than 20%, to nearly 70,000. Spokesperson Mary O’Reilly says the average order value has remained relatively steady at about $90. The product line has expanded, though, with more-expensive furniture and collectibles added to the mix.

Now: Today the 40-page BBC America Shop catalog mails six times a year. The print book accounts for approximately 60% of overall revenue; the other 40% comes from the Website.