Shipping is a major component if you are thinking about expanding your business globally. Ecommerce is no longer only domestic, it is international and like domestic consumers, international consumers demand rapid shipping.
Mark Venezia, senior vice president of global sales and marketing in North America for custom t-shirt maker Spreadshirt, offered these tips on how to select a reliable shipping partner during his presentation at eTail East 2014:
- Ensure you have reliable pickups at multiple locations.
- Set up an account for your specific needs
- Ensure that any special sorting of operational needs can be met.
- Make sure your shipping partner has quality controls in place for each step of the process to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Provide dedicated customer service and account and an representative
In order to select a reliable shipping partner, retailers will want to have regular meetings and updates with the carrier. They will also want to make sure there are no hidden fees, and that customized postal and shipping solutions are in place.