|The decision by UPS and FedEx to expand DIM weight pricing in January 2015 to parcels under three cubic feet was one of biggest changes to hit retail shippers in years. Dimensional weight pricing has forced shippers to rethink their entire approach to packaging and shipping, as millions of items that had been billed based on weight alone are now subject to a calculation based on weight and package dimensions.
In this executive summary, you will learn:
- How DIM weight pricing has impacted merchants’ operations and fulfillment
- What packaging solutions are available to help alleviate DIM weight pricing
- How DIM weight pricing has generated business for regional carriers and the USPS
The following industry experts are interviewed in this report:
- Michael DeFabis, vice president of fulfillment/warehousing sales at 3PL Integrated Distribution Services
- Chris Groseclose, senior director of distribution operations at stereo and electronics retailer Crutchfield Corp.
- Mark Magill, vice president of business development for regional carrier OnTrac
- Peter Reno, general manager of distribution for online healthcare catalog company Dr. Leonard’s
- Paul Steiner, vice president of logistics for shipping consultancy Spend Management Experts
- Scott Van Den Berg, director of engineering and ecommerce operations for specialty footwear seller DSW Inc.
- Mike VanZetta, corporate director of corrugated for Shorr Packaging
Thank you for downloading this report.
You may also find the following articles of interest: