Financial Reports: PC Connection, Transcat, Zones

Sales, Net Income Up for PC Connection
Information technology products merchant PC Connection improved its fourth-quarter and 12-month sales over the previous periods. Net sales for the three months ended Dec. 31 increased 13% to $489.6 million from the same period last year.

The company’s net income for the quarter was $6.2 million, a 35% increase over the $4.6 million for the corresponding prior year quarter. PC Connection also achieved a 29% increase in operating income and a 35% increase in earnings per share over the fourth quarter of 2006.

Net sales for the small- and medium-sized business segment increased by 14% to $263.8 million compared to the fourth quarter of 2006. Net sales for MoreDirect, PC Connection’s large account segment, increased by 6% to $140.8 million compared to the fourth quarter of 2006. Net sales for the public sector segment, GovConnection, increased 25% to $85.0 million compared to the fourth quarter of 2006.

Products and Services Segments Give Transcat a Boost
Sales at test, measurement, and calibration instruments distributor Transcat increased 7% to $18.4 million for its fiscal third quarter, which ended Dec. 29. But net income was flat for the quarter at $1.2 million.

The Rochester, NY-based company said its products segment contributed 59%, or $0.7 million, of the increase. The services segment contributed the remaining 41%, or $0.5 million, of the sales increase.

“Both the products and services segments are demonstrating the results of our sales initiatives and investments made to drive profitable sales growth,” president/CEO Charles P. Hadeed said in a statement. “We believe that our strategic advantage in the test and measurement industry is our ability to provide a broad variety of premium branded products, high quality calibration services and consultative sales expertise to meet our customers’ test and measurement needs.”

Good Growth for Zones
Computer reseller Zones reported solid fourth-quarter results, not to mention a good year. The company’s net sales for the fourth quarter were $176.1 million, compared to $159.9 million in same period last year. Net sales for the year ended Dec. 31 increased 18% to $679.5 million, up from $577.0 million the year prior.

“During 2007 we invested in the development of a national field sales force which we believe holds significant promise as a foundation for future sustained growth,” said Zones CEO Firoz Lalji in a press release.

Partner Content

Hincapie Sportswear Finds Omnichannel Success in the Cloud - Netsuite
For more and more companies, a cloud-based unified data solution is the way to make this happen. Custom cycling apparel maker Hincapie Sportswear has leveraged this capability to gain greater visibility into revenue streams, turning opportunities into sales more quickly while gaining overall operating efficiency. Download this ecommerce special report from Multichannel Merchant to more.
The Gift of Wow: Preparing your store for the holiday season - Netsuite
Being prepared for the holiday rush used to mean stocking shelves and making sure your associates were ready for the long hours. But the digital revolution has changed everything, most importantly, customer expectations. Retailers with a physical store presence should be asking themselves—what am I doing to wow the customer?
3 Critical Components to Achieving the Perfect Order - NetSuite
Explore the 3 critical components to delivering the perfect order.
Streamlining Unified Commerce Complexity - NetSuite
Explore how consolidating multiple systems through a cloud-based commerce platform provides a seamless experience for both you, and your customer.