It’s hard to believe, but Ecommerce Operations Summit is upon us starting this week in Columbus, OH – how did that happen? Right after the 2018 NCAA men’s hoops champ is named (go Ramblers!), we have a great show in store for you.
Let’s start with our outstanding keynote speakers:
- Ivan Tchakarov, Director of Operations, Google Express, will talk about how rapid advances in technology and delivery methods are racing to keep up with rising customer and performance expectations. He’ll also address the seismic shifts taking place in technology and their implications for fulfillment and logistics operations.
- Eva Ponce, Executive Director of the MITx MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain Management at MIT’s Center for Transportation and Logistics, will talk about challenges causing ecommerce startups and traditional retailers alike to take a fresh look at supply chain and distribution network design to address the rapid changes taking place.
One of the most popular features of Ecommerce Operations Summit is our annual tours of nearby fulfillment operations, where attendees get a firsthand look at facilities run by major ecommerce and retail companies. There are still some tour seats left but they should go quickly so sign up now!
Our Master Class Workshops provide an in-depth afternoon of material presented by experts and operations practitioners in three main tracks:
- Defining and Optimizing the Customer Experience: For those looking to raise their customer game, this workshop is the place to be! It will cover everything from finding and retaining agents that are true brand ambassadors; the effective use of social channels; the role of technology; and meeting customers across mobile, desktop, chat and phone.
- Taking Omnichannel to the Next Level: Most retailers still struggle with the execution side of omnichannel, working to change on the fly as they update legacy systems, silos and processes. This workshop will bring together an expert panel who will talk frankly about the challenges they’re facing and critically, what they’re doing to solve them.
- The Fundamentals of Operations and Fulfillment: Whether you’re just starting out in direct-to-customer operations or you’ve been at it a while, this half-day workshop will go over the basics while also providing a review for experienced practitioners. It will emphasize real-world examples as well as interaction and engagement with attendees.
Networking is another great aspect of Ecommerce Operations Summit, starting with our Welcome Party in the exhibit hall on Tuesday, April 3. Grab a drink and have a casual dinner as you meet with fellow attendees, talk up this year’s speakers and keynoters, and meet the greatest collection of ecommerce operations partners.
The Tuesday night festivities continue with a new wrinkle for 2018: our Distillery and Meadery Experience. Join your colleagues and friends for a “tour and taste” at Middle West Spirits (vodka, whiskey and bourbon, oh my) and its neighbor Brothers Drake, a mead brewery – it’s like cider but made from honey, and it’s delicious.
Our packed exhibit hall this year is an extension of the learning process from our workshops and breakouts. Walk a few steps from the session rooms and take part in interactive hands-on demonstrations to learn firsthand how a wide range of solutions can benefit your operations. Stay current on the latest innovations and technology and compare products and services in one convenient location.
If you haven’t signed up for Ecommerce Operations Summit yet, it’s not too late – jump on it now! Join your DTC and ecommerce operations peers for a great event that is sure to provide insights you can bring back and apply to your organization.