The Container Store debuts winners of a crowd sourced video contest on its YouTube Channel – www.YouTube.com/ContainerStore. Filmmakers were challenged to create videos capturing the spirit of the company’s shopping experience and new offerings – including POP! (customer engagement program), Contained Home(in-home organization service) and TCS Closets(new line of custom, built-in closets). The ten filmmakers received cash prizes for their winning film shorts and were selected from a host of videos by filmmakers from coast to coast.
In conjunction with the debut of the videos, The Container Store is calling for a vote to name a People’s Choice Award winner. The winner will be chosen from the contest’s top four film shorts. Online voting for the People’s Choice Award winner is available at www.containerstore.com/fanfilmcontest. Customers can vote as many times as they like for their favorite between now and Friday, February 19th, and the winner will be announced via the retailer’s social pages –Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – on Monday, February 22nd.
“We are always looking for new ways to communicate to our customers about our differentiators – quality, selection, service, great prices – and what makes The Container Store a special place to shop,” said Melissa Reiff, President & COO, The Container Store. “We are extremely pleased with the ten winning film shorts and we think our customers will agree that they evoke the spirit of our brand and the feeling they get when they interact with us and when they have more organization in their life.”
The contest was held in partnership with Zooppa, a global social network for creative talent that specializes in crowdsourced content. Each of the ten videos will be highlighted on The Container Store’s social pages with the top four being featured in a targeted YouTube ad campaign through February. Links to view all ten film shorts are below:
People’s Choice Award Voting Selections:
- Top Four – It’s The Container Store by Brian Gregoire; Los Angeles, CA
- Top Four – POP! Star – The Container Store by Brandon Christensen; Las Vegas, NV
- Top Four – We Can Help With That by Madison Meyer; Los Angeles, CA
- Top Four – It’s Gonna Be Ok by Sean Cunningham; Los Angeles, CA
Additional Winning Videos:
- POP! Star by Nick Kleverov; Los Angeles, CA
- I’ll take it! by Ryan Pratt; Los Angeles, CA
- More Than Just TCS by Alex Tsway; Seattle, WA
- The Container Store Is For More by Joel Levinson; Yellow Spring, OH
- TCS Makes It Possible by Jesse Newman; Brooklyn, NY
- Messy Magic by GearMark Pictures; Los Angeles, CA